Saturday, March 30, 2013

“Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.”

Jack Kerouac, On The Road
Against A Terlingua Sunset Sky This evening. 032913
Whew! I think the economy is looking up. The spring crowd visiting Big Bend National Park and this area is up versus the last four years. I didn't pause once this evening between greeting the guests. In a way, the early spring showers and the one small snow that we received seem to be a good portent to the year. The weather forecasters are predicting another prolonging of the drought for this year but there are more wildflowers this year than I have seen in the five years I have lived here in the Big Bend area.  This morning I ate a quick breakfast and dashed outside to take photos of a couple of wildflowers that I discovered two days ago.

One of the flowers is so tiny that when I view it from where I stand, the blooms appear as tiny white dots in a green carpet of tiny leaves spreading along the ground. This morning I was determined to get as close as I could to them and photograph them to see what kind of detail I could obtain. I think I took some pretty good photos of them but I want to get even closer. The blooms are unusual. I placed a penny coin next to them to show the scale of their tiny proportions.




Have a fantastic evening.

Charlton








No comments: