Friday, March 8, 2013

A Beautiful Turquoise Sky



"Gamma? Ain't at bootiful?"
    -me at six years old to my Grandma while taking a walk in the country. She never let me forget that I said that to her.


"I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds."
    -Mike Tyson



Beautiful puffy clouds in a Terlingua Sky 030813
Today brings back a memory of me arriving here on the fourth of March in 2008, what seems so long ago and yet as if it was only yesterday. At that time, the temperature was in the 80's and it was beautiful. I had left California a few days earlier and it was cold there. I was so thrilled that I had finally arrived in a place where warmth was at the low end of the temperature scale. The sky was so blue and the clouds just seemed to hang in the sky so close that if I reached out I wouldn't  have been surprised to touch them. It was also the beginning of what everyone has come to know as Spring Break. All four weeks of March were booked solid and it was almost as if there were a sea of people checking in one right after the other.

The clouds this evening were like those on that day five years ago. Then I recall stopping every other mile to take photos of the wide open space, the turquoise sky, and many yucca decorating the roadside. Today was so warm and inviting that when I had free moments from checking guests into their rooms and RV sites, I went to the front door and stood in the open door to soak up and simply enjoy the wonderful warmth of the air. I always bring my camera wherever I go because I never know when a moment may arrive that I want to capture in a photo. I hurried back to the front desk to grab my camera while I still had a moment to myself and record this awesome sky in front of me.

Spring Break begins tomorrow and ends next Sunday. It is an understatement when I say that I probably will not have an opportunity to take a photo of the sunset at anytime until Spring Break is over. Please enjoy this following tonight's sunset. Happy Spring Break!!!

030813 another color filled Terlingua Sunset
Have a wonderful evening!
Charlton

No comments: