Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Bright Spot of Yellow



Yesterday as I was beginning my very short journey of 100 yards and returning from photographing last night's beautiful Terlingua sunset, the available daylight was waning. I drove the golf cart on the road leading to Indian Head and I noticed a yellow spot of color on the side of the road. The bank was descending slightly so I stopped to investigate. There were a few beautiful yellow blooms just sitting there and seeming to glow in the dimming light. So I got down on the ground with my face just a few inches from the soil and began taking photos. There was a slight evening breeze so it was a bit difficult to get a good shot without too much blurring.




I took some more close up shots of the few flowers that appeared just a few feet from the front door of our house. It's difficult to obtain a good shot without the color being washed out. The petals have a very, very, slight shade of pink. I can't seem to capture the color since the flowers only open in the middle of the day and then close up in the evening.




Have a great day!

Charlton






No comments: