Tuesday, February 19, 2013


" What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

Crowfoot Quote













Yesterday evening's sunset was magnificent as usual. Terlingua and the Big Bend area must be the land of the setting sun. This past weekend was such a busy one with alot of guest arriving to take advantage of the three day weekend that was President's Day. A friend that I met on Facebook through my longtime friend, James, arrived two days ago with a friend of his from San Antonio. Stu saw my numerous photographs of sunsets and was intrigued by the area. I gave him some information about the area and he decided to come down and explore the Big Bend National Park. Unfortunately though, I could not just take off from the front desk and go with so I had a few moments, as I do with  most of the guests that arrive, and relayed some interesting points of the National Park, restaurant in the area etc. It seems they did have a great time. They left this morning to return to San Antonio. Stu is from Panama and was visiting the U.S. It was a pleasure meeting them. I so enjoy sharing the Big Bend with friends. I just think it's one of the most beautiful places on earth. The desert has a special beauty all of it's own. Not to mention that the sunsets are simply amazing.

When I see such vivid colors emerge after the sun sets behind Sawmill Mountain, it leaves me speechless. I just want to reach up and touch the colors.




From behind the front desk I have the opportunity to see almost every sunset of every night. Below is the view from the front porch of the Big Bend Resort & Adventures lobby.



Have a great day.


Charlton

No comments: