Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunrise, Sunset.

“A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east.” 
― John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

I have seen some beautiful sunsets just in these few beginning days of February.

Sunset on 2nd Feb 2013



Sunrise on 3rd Feb 2013
Anyone who knows me will tell you that normally I am not a morning person. However, I got a phone call from Raoul on the morning of this photo to tell me to look out the window. When I did, I immediately jumped out of bed, throwing a cat and a chihuahua into chaos with the rest of the bed covers and flew to my camera bag. I stuck my head out of the side door and this was the photo. I love it. It appears as if the sky is a roiling mass of lit gasoline or propane.

Charlton





No comments: