Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cotton Candy Sunset




“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” 
― Rabindranath TagoreStray Birds

January sunsets: 13
February sunsets: 7 as of today





Yes, it is 2:52am and yes, I am still up. As usual. The sunset this evening was unique. Just three puffy clouds, like cotton candy, floating in the sky above Sawmill Mtn. and the Ghostown.

Working where I do I get to see a wonderful sunset every evening. Clouds accessorize the sky with added color most of the time. The sun setting below the horizon is usually when the color and drama begin to take shape. Sometimes it is only five minutes after the sun dips below and other times it can even be 20 minutes after. Patience is your friend when viewing a sunset. When there are no clouds present, a glow develops on the horizon and remains until there is no more light.

Patience is also something I'm having to practice lately. My truck is in the shop awaiting an engine block transplant. Yes, a couple of months ago, that thing happened on the road that of all the vehicle repairs one dreads the most to hear took place. The Blow Head Gasket. Yep. So while I am waiting to save up the dough to purchase the block I am doing what I can locally within this small sphere where I reside, in regards to photos. Sunsets, Bluebonnets and Clouds.

Practicing the fiddle also keeps me occupied.

So, until next sunset, hasta luego.

Charlton





No comments: