Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Blooming of the Terlingua Desert

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars--on stars where no human race is.
 
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.

-Robert Frost




Today was one of those wonderful calm blue sky days. When there is just the occasional slightest of breezes and then everything is still again. The silence can be heard and the blue sky can be felt and the air was warm and welcoming. The wildflowers were everywhere as usual today and I was able to gather some photos of some of them scattered here and there.



Ocotillo Bloom

Bristly Nama

Big Bend Blue Bonnet

Texas Yellow Trumpet

Popcorn Bloom

Ocotillo Bloom against the blue Texas sky



The nights are beginning to stay warm after the sun has set. Those nights, for me, are the best nights. Those are nights when one can sit outside and gaze up at the stars in the clear night sky without having to put on a coat or sweater to ward off the chill.


Have a great evening!


Charlton












No comments: