Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's Rainin'...just a rainin'

It's Rainin'...well, I wish I could say something else..but it ain't...it's just rainin'. But it is some beautiful storm clouds rolling through these here parts. The weather forecast is predicting rain for the next two or three days or so. This one was Wednesday evening right behind the house looking into Indian Head and Big Bend National Park.


It was a beautiful storm passing through but we, here at the Y in Terlingua didn't so much as see a tiny weensy itty bitty ...what the hell was that all about...drop. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Charlton

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nice catch of the lightning dropping out of the cloud!

yellowdoggranny said...

that is a wonderful photo..I love storms...

Charlton said...

Yes, Michael, it was very fortunate. The lightening flashes were so quick that in order to get one I just had to be lucky. I attempted to get more shots with lightening but I didn't have the patience to stand out there any longer just clicking away in the hopes that I did. It was real cool. Jackie, we all live here in the perfect area for storm watching. I don't know if it's real flat in West but out here, we can see storm cells form and move from so far away. It's wonderful. In my native VA the mountains hit the storms until they were right up on us.