Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Through a Window Hazily

Looking Through The Window Hazily

The Window Trail, Big Bend National Park, Texas

Below are the flowers I found while on the adventure today.



Texas Mimosa









Cactus Wren nest as is typical in the crook of a Cholla cactus in the Chisos Basin.

A Mallow species of flowering plant along the Window Trail


The Window as seen from the trail head inside the Chisos Basin. We are at 6000 ft and looking down to Terlingua and the desert floor approx. 2800 - 3000 ft.

I didn't pay it much mind going down. I was semi-catatonic so I don't recall seeing it on the way back.


Appears to be a type of grasshopper I found hanging out on the inside of a Century Agave.


A closer view of the Century Agave bloom stalk.



I was exhausted
I felt great on the trail down. I was snapping and shooting photos like crazy. On the way back up from the Window was a different story. I was so tired all I was concentrating on was the right foot going in front of the left foot. If anything felt it was photogenic, it would have to have jumped in front of me and stopped me. Ray and Anita were right. It was 2.5 miles down and 10 miles back.

The sunset this evening was somewhat like the previous posted sunset.


Enjoy.

Remember, the world is what we make it.

No comments: